Greetings and Welcome to the Inter-Residence Hall Council’s home on the web!!!
We are extremely excited that you are interested in learning more about the Inter-Residence Hall Council (IRHC) and we hope that you will encourage your students to get involved. The IRHC’s mission, as a student organization within the Department of Residential Education, is to improve the residential experience by supporting communities within New York University’s residence halls.
There are several opportunities for your students to get actively involved in the Inter-Residence Hall Council, including attending General Assembly (GA) meetings and participating in an IRHC committee.
Getting involved in the IRHC and Hall Council at NYU is really simple. Here are a few ways that you can get your students excited about the IRHC and Hall Council.
- Take your students to an IRHC sponsored event. IRHC events are a great opportunity for you to connect with your residents and can also serve as an opportunity for students to get excited about residential leadership experiences.
- Talk to your residents about their past leadership experience and encourage them to get involved in the IRHC and/or Hall Council. Sometimes all it takes to get students really excited about hall council is a suggestion from one of their peers.
- Ask your residents to help you plan a program. Allowing your residents to help you in the program planning process may spark their interest and will provide them with the opportunity to develop their leadership skills.
- Take your students to an IRHC or Hall Council meeting. IRHC and Hall Council meetings serve as a forum for students to express their ideas, concerns, and opinions about policies and/ or procedures that impact the residential community.
- Most importantly, you can support your residents in their student leadership endeavors by recognizing their efforts and talking with them about what’s happening at Hall Council.
Once again, Thank You for visiting the IRHC’s home on the web. If you have any questions regarding the Inter-Residence Hall Council please feel free to contact us!
Inter-Residence Hall Council Advisor